Tuesday, October 13, 2015

What to do when you Garden Fails!

 So what do you do when your garden fails?  Do you curse God?  Kill the herd of deer?  Give up?  All of the above?  It has been a hard garden year.  I've lost plants to the bugs, and now the deer have destroyed my garden. 

Its hard to get over the loss of months of work.  I thought I was going to be overloaded.  So tired of Canning I wouldn't want to look at my pressure canner.  Instead I had to buy veggies to can.  At first I thought "Oh buck up!" but then the deer kept coming.  I put up lights to keep them out.  The Deer just laugh!

So what do you do?  At some point I gave up.  I can't put up a deer fence now.

The next step is to plan for next year.  Whats the plan?

Put up a deer fence.

Raise Guinea keets.  They eat bugs and don't dig up plants.

Build raised garden beds.

Realize that sometimes God needs you to learn a lesson, and try to learn the lesson in one gardening season. 
























No comments:

Post a Comment