Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Getting Rid of Bugs with Dill!

 I found a a disturbing sight when I went into the garden yesterday.  My beet tops eaten to stubs.  With a closer look I found the little bugger doing the job.  A gray and blacked dotted beetle.  Even worse they were starting to enjoy my squash plants.  I did notice that the beetle did not go near the squash plant that was near dill.  Happy Day!  I did dust the beets with Diatomaceous Earth, to kill them off.  Be careful with Diatomaceous Earth!  It is not a discriminatory killer!  It will kill all bugs that happen to touch it.  This morning I went out and watered the garden and made sure the poison washed off. 
 Wouldn't want a bee getting poisoned while pollinating the garden.  I
See the little gray beetles? 

Even leaving their mark on my squash plants!

Same plant just had dill by the leaves!!

After being dusted with poison.  Saved the female blossom.


No comments:

Post a Comment