Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Hatch Day!

Today is hatch day at our house.  Three weeks ago I set 9 little eggs in our incubator and have turned them at least 3 times a day, added water so that they have the correct humidity, and have checked the temperature to make sure they are nice an cozy warm.  Last week I candled the eggs and found 4 that were duds.  Sadly they were placed in the compost pile, since they will never hatch.  The remaining five are due to hatch today, although I'll give them at least 2 extra days.  I have to say I'm pretty excited for them to hatch.  Some of these eggs contain my great-grandchicks!  A few years ago I gave a rooster to wonderful family friends.  The rooster was a grandchick to the rooster of my flock.  Now the family is coming home, and I'll have the same line back at the homestead!  Can't wait for them to hatch.

 Have you ever hatched any kind of egg before?  Did you like it?  Have you hatched eggs for homeschooling?

No comments:

Post a Comment